2022 Symposium Program/Agenda
Our last event was held on April 19th, 2022 Tuesday: 8:30am-8:30pm at The Hotel Fullerton & at DNB Engineering. It was a success. We are planning new events now. Stay tuned for new cities, new topics, new speakers and new venues. Contact us anytime for questions or suggestions.
You should attend if:
- You are new to EMC or Safety compliance, testing or assurance and you’d like better understand some of the issues that concern you.
- You were tagged to be your organization’s in-house resource for EMC/EMI or Safety compliance.
- Your company has experienced failures during compliance testing.
- You are experienced in EMC or Safety but you would like to meet with other professionals or vendors.
- You have been wondering about the impact of Global Harmonization on standards and testing.
EMC Theory and Application Made Simple
Time: 8:30am – 10:00am
Presented by: Mark Montrose
Equipment Required for Pre-Compliance Testing and Debugging Speaker
Time: 10:15am – 11:00am
Presented by: Shirish Shah
Using FFT – Powered T&M Hardware for EMC Testing
Time: 11:00am – 11:45am
Presented by: Alex Nersesian
A fine lunch will be provided to all vendors and attendees in the Conference Room
Time: 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Troubleshooting RF and ESD/EFT
(complete with sparks & a bit of ozone!)
Time: 1:00pm – 2:30pm
Presented by: Doug Smith
Key to a Successful Global Market Access
Time: 2:30pm – 3:30pm
Presented by: Homi Ahmadi
Development of Common-mode EMC Architectural Coupling Mechanisms; Impact to Functional Reliability; Partitioning Among Circuit Board Regions
Time: 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Presented by: Dr. Wm. Michael King
EMC Lab Tour, Social Gathering & Dinner
Round out your EMC-tech-focused day with a convivial gathering for all. Dinner, drinks (clear, soft & adult) on us at the nearby DNB Engineering Labs (about 2 miles distant). You will be able to tour their lab, including one of the world’s foremost Reverberation Chambers, while you mingle with their EMC engineers and network with your own EMC colleagues.
The EMCmini Symposium is NEW for 2022
It is focused on the subject of testing for proof of compliance to EMC & ESD standards required by US and Global markets. From demonstrations and presentations, you will learn about detecting, localizing and reducing or eliminating unwanted RF energy from your manufactured RF devices.
Join us and get answers to the following:
- What standards and regulations do I have to meet?
- What are some of the key design principals?
- How to do I troubleshoot a failing product?
- Who can provide help?
- What equipment is needed for in house testing?
- What is the difference between 'Pre' and 'Full' compliance testing?
- Why are Global considerations important and relevant to my success?